Tuesday, August 7, 2007

on my first day in school

hello world.

im back from hostel! ha, well, i only stayed for one night there this week cos tutorials start only next week. so basically, my wed is free! (for this week) and so im here at home. oh ya, aneesa is so lucky. her lessons start next week.

and sadly, friday there is a makeup seminar at 830am in the morning. guess i have to crawl to ntu early in the morning...so much for a long weekend.. haha

anyway, yesterday had orientation. got to meet my tutorial mates. not bad. quite a fun bunch of ppl, though i cant rmb all their names yet. and at time i felt a bit left out cos they were talking about their hall and nbs camps..

slept alone yesterday night. it was okay la, cos i wanted a single occupancy room anyway... more privacy and all. i was bored from 8 plus to 9 plus, and he was alone in his bunk. so he called and we talked on the phone for an hour plus. thank goodness for him, if not i'll just lie on the bed and rot. i could have gone to the common room to watch tv, but i felt awkward going inside the room alone. hey you, thanks once again. :)

had my first lecture today on accounting and business law. im so lost in biz law and it's only the first lecture. this is bad. at least for accounting it wasnt so bad. and now have to print my own lecture notes.. very leychey.. luckily i met bee teng ytd on my way to the comp lab and she had a printed copy of the notes with her. so i just borrowed her notes and went to photocopy. ha. and textbooks! to me, i dont see the need to buy textbooks YET. but my mates are like discussing the purchasing of the books liao... guess im not the only mugger in the group. ha.

and all this academic units thingy is driving me nuts. i seriously catch no balls on these stuff. need sis to explain to me. it's a bit intimidating that the my tut mates know so much abt it and im like, huh. and i need to sign up for electives.. what GE and PE.. blah blah blah.

then, afer all these hoo-ha, we are told that the max number of AUs we can take for sem 1 is 16.. which is like, our 4 main cores la. so tt means no electives yet la. diao.

No comments: