Thursday, July 5, 2007

on egoistic men and other stuff

hello world.

I went to the tamp gym today. saw fana and weel there.

I wonder if other gym-goers face this before, but i always get this. whenever i run on the treadmill, and there is a guy beside me, that guy will always look at what speed im running at, then increase his speed to match mine. im not saying im a very good and fast runner, but just that i find this so irritating. and it's always guys who do this. and when i increase my speed, the guy will quickly glance at my speed, and increase his too. he will be aware of any changes i make in my incline or speed and will get all worked up if i increase my incline or speed. please, like it's a shame to be running slower than a lady or smthing. this happens frequently at bedok reservoir too. often, after i overtake a guy, or am going to do so, the guy will pick up his speed. i mean, fine, go ahead and run faster, im not interested in over-taking you.

seriously! guys and their egos...

anyway, had a great feel-good run at the gym today. 12.8km on the treadmill! i simply prefer the tamp gym treadmill to my hse one. it's quieter and i feel more bouncy on that treadmill. ha. it's like, i dont feel tired running on it, as compared to my hse one. i guess quality does matter huh. maybe that tamp gym treadmill has some sort of shock-absorbent surface tt makes the runner feel lighter? ha.

then hit the pool after that. overall, had a great workout today. so i treated myself to subway sandwich and cookies! ha. i seriously need to have my weekly dose of subway sandwiches. though the sandwiches are seriously over-priced, i simply cant live without them. ha.

hopefully my legs will recover fully from the lactic acid cos i ran at mac reservoir ytd too. tmr will be a light workout for me, cos sunday got race again! im imagining the race at east coast, and i can already see myself dying from boredom. ha. cos the route is super sian.. it's part of the 10km route that i used to run... O_o

senior minister goh chok tong is the special guest of the event! how cool is that? ha, cos i never see him in person before.. so it's quite a big deal for me, ha. provided i do see him... ho. most prob will leave the place after i run and collect my fun pack. I wont be staying for the lucky draw, cos i have NEVER EVER win any lucky draw before. not even the lousiest prize. so, nah, im not gonna waste my time waiting for my number to be called. i didnt stay for the lucky draw segment during last week's milk run too. oh wells.

No comments: