Saturday, June 23, 2007

on lessons

ok, so this week, my milege is pretty good. i got a little shock when i realised the milk run is next sunday. so fast!


anyway, yesterday was my last cognitive lesson with karishma. she's this P5 girl, who seldom passes her Math exams, and has a rather wild imagination.. But, she's super-duper sweet, full of energy and always shares good stuff with people ard her. I hope she has learnt a lot through these lessons with me... a total of 24 lessons, compared to the usual 18. Part of me is happy that


I no longer have to travel to goldhill, but part of me is sad I wont be seeing her again... Sigh. Bought for her a Starbucks Oreo Cheesecake. It's nothing compared to the things she has given me (biscuits, earrings, bangles, sweets, etc) and the lessons she has taught me. She makes me realise that out there, there are many kids who are not doing well in their studies, not because they are not smart, but because they face difficulties in certain aspects of their learning process. for example, for her, she faces challenges in visual processing and logic and reasoning. That's why if she were to do circle or area of triangles questions, for example, she cannot see that just be shifting the figure here and there, the question is pretty easy. instead, she'll get stuck.

Perhaps it's because i have been a pretty consistent student, that's why I dont face such problems, and during my primary, sec school days, I rarely get in touch with people who have such problems. Bascially, she makes me realise the types of problems some kids face.. yup.

Anyway, ya, told her a lot of stuff about life, and i wish her all the best in her future endeavours... Oh, she told me she was going to eat at Subway after the lesson. It was going to be her first time there. I told her, MUST EAT THE COOKIES!!! ha. ESPECIALLY WHITE CHIP MACADEMIA... ha.

took a photo with her. sad it's rather blur...



Next week is gonna be my last lesson with jia hui, louisa, yun pei and shawn as well. then i'll finally be off work. gonna take a good rest in july... before school starts in august. boo.

went for the medical check up at ntu ytd morning. Sad to say, I've shrunk, but i have lost weight. woot! seriously, I think the machine is screwed up, cos everybody who used tat machine claim tat they have shrunk. one girl actually shrank by 2cm. like, woah. anyway, the whole check up is pretty stupid, if u ask me. waste of my morning. at least ive gotten it out of the way.

meeting up with the crossers later. alright! and fantastic 4 with him in the evening. woot

No comments: