Thursday, June 28, 2007

on making cheesecake

hello world.

Ive decided to finally make a cheesecake today. I have been making it since last year, but never really got around to make it. Sadly, I belong to one of those poor family around who cant afford an oven and an electric mixer (Sob...), so I have no choice but to make a non-bake cheesecake instead.

I got a recipe from the Internet and went to Phoon Huat (the Bedok outlet) to buy the ingredients and some tools. As it was my first time buying baking stuff, I bought the wrong stuff -_-. It was only after I paid that i saw the right pan I should be using... but nevermind. I can still use the one i have bought...

then went shop n save to buy more ingredients.. total cost is arb 30 bucks.. heartache sia. ha.

i immediately started making once i got home. It was so fun! As i dont have an electric mixer, I was using my arms to mix the stuff. hey, not easy k, with the butter and cream cheese. ha. As I poured the filling into the crust, I realise I have too little filling... -_-. first time making wad. it's ok to make mistakes. ha. I really enjoyed the whole process. I will make it again! perhaps now with some added flavours.. and i will make less crust. ha.
now it's in the freezer chilling.. (as u can see from the pic, how pathetically little the filling is. ha)
Will see how it tastes like later.. haha.fun fun fun!

1 comment:

sizzzling said...

HEEHE! you've got a pretty cute cheesecake there! if u wanna make a cherry chilled cheesecake can always ask me for the recipe.. just that everytime i make it, the taste varies greatly. anyways, that pic of me during the cafe cartel outing is so unglam! hmph. hahah but nvm, for other ppl's viewing pleasure. BTW, i dont think i'll run 42km, mayb taking 21km instead cus havent trained up and heard the constant impact is bad for the knees. so must take care u know.. if not arthritis.. BAD. heehe see u ard soon!