Sunday, May 6, 2007

i always think of myself as a person with a high tolerance of pain. there have been quite many 'painful' moments in my life, and i have sorta grown immune to pain... let's see the few highlights of the moments.. ho

1) in Primary school, on my way home, i tripped over a rock and caused my both of my knee caps and elbows to bleed. it was so bloody painful. when i went home, my mum applied some medical lotion on my wounds. i screamed so loudly that my 7th floor neighbour could hear me. i stayed on the 5th floor. pain factor: 8/10. perhaps if i have sustained these wounds now, pain factor would be so much lesser.. but tt was my 1st contact with real pain. ha

2) extraction of teeth and putting on braces in sec school. the extraction part wasnt tt bad, it was the afterpain.. gosh. 4 teeth were extracted.. then after i put on the braces, my teeth were so pain i couldnt even eat properly. oh ya, plus the ulcers on my gums and lips... but the pain was more tolerable after a few months. in fact, it became nothing after tt. pain factor: 6/10.

3) the many falls i had when i played netball in sec school. ha, the sprains and the skin injury. pain factor: 2/10.

4) my op. gosh. the blood tests, injections here and there, the post-op pain, the IV drip. gosh. i gotta give that 9/10. spare me from those again, pls.

5) the stupid doc who didnt know how to draw blood when i went k k early this morning. gosh, there was no blood at all in the tube. she didnt know how to draw blood at all. all the bloodtests i had before werent THAT bad, but this one was seriously horrible. my first time crying over a stupid draw blood session. no wonder she kept apologizing to me after that. to think she said i was the 1st patient to ever cry in a session like this, and i have a low pain tolerance. hello. pls, u are the one who suck at it. dont blame others for ur misdeed. pain factor: 7/10.

ok, gotta bounce.

No comments: